130AH 12V GEL Deep Cycle BatterySKU: GB-12V-130AH
Buy now, pay later
Four equal payments of $72.25/fortnight, with instant approval online. Learn more
Enjoy your gear now, and pay for it later! We're happy to provide the opportunity for our customers to shop with us using popular pay later options.
How it works
Buy what you want today, pay for it over four equal fortnightly instalments. Use your debit or credit card, get approved instantly.
Add the products you want to your cart, and select Afterpay as a payment option during checkout.
After your order is processed, you can log in to your Afterpay account to view your order, make payments and manage account details.
Note: Afterpay is only available on orders under $1000 value.
For terms and conditions, please refer to the Afterpay website
How it works
Buy now and pay later, with 6 months interest free. You pay over time weekly, fortnightly or monthly, whichever suits you best. Applications are quick, and get a decision in real-time.
Add the products you want to your cart, and select Zip as a payment option during checkout.
Ordering over the phone
Call us on 1800 853 315 and place your order with our friendly staff. Ask to pay using Zip.
Note: ZipPay is only available on orders under $1000 value, while ZipMoney is available on orders up to $10,000 value.
For terms and conditions, please refer to the Zip website
130AH Deep Cycle Gel Battery - Giant Power 130AH Deep Cycle Battery with Australia Wide Delivery - Enter your Post Code above to see if you qualify For FREE SHIPPING !
130AH Giant Deep Cycle Gel Batteries utilise gel electrolyte technology, which holds the battery plates securely in an immobilised gel. This design makes Giant 130AH Power Deep Cycle Gel batteries extremely robust and resistant to spillage if accidentally tipped upside-down.
What is the difference between our regular 130AH AGM Deep Cycle Battery and a GEL Deep Cycle ?
The core of this battery is a 130AH, GEL, 12 Volt – a 1650 cycle, five year warrantied quality battery. The advantage of Gel is that you can safely draw down till 10.8 Volts without causing damage to this robust battery! This gives you access to 50% more power than the 12 volt limit of regular deep cycle batteries = more power for your camping adventures!
The GEL Deep Cycle range is completely maintenance free, requiring no topping-up of liquid electrolyte, whilst the valve-regulated sealed design enables installation in hard to reach locations.
This 130AH 12V Gel Deep Cycle Battery is a high quality Deep Cycle Gel Battery that is suitable for Saltwater/Marine applications, Caravans, Motor Homes and Camper Trailers. These are ideal ancillary batteries to fit into your caravan, 4x4 vehicle or camper-van. Our range of Gel Deep Cycle Batteries have outstanding deep discharge recovery with high oxygen-recombination efficiency that ensures no loss of electrolytes, giving the batteries exceptional deep discharge recovery performance just in case you accidentally discharge your batteries a little too much! This also guarantees you will never need to replace electrolytes during the course of the batteries life. A gel battery (also known as a “gel cell”) is a sealed, valve regulated lead-acid deep cycle battery and has a gel electrolyte. Unlike flooded lead-acid (wet cell) batteries, these batteries do not need to be kept upright. Gel cells virtually eliminate evaporation of the electrolyte, spillage (and subsequent corrosion issues) common to the flooded lead acid battery, and boast greater resistance to extreme temperatures, shock, and vibration.
* These 130AH Deep Cycle Gel batteries keep the electrolyte suspended in a gel-like paste. Like AGM batteries, Gels do not require a battery tray as they are considered non-spillable. We still recommend an upright position unless specified otherwise by the manufacturer.
130AH Gel Deep Cycle Batteries will recover exceptionally well from deep discharges. To get the most out of Gels it is still best to charge them up as soon as possible. The cycle life of Gel batteries by far exceeds that of Flooded or AGM batteries if properly treated.
130AH Deep Cycle Gel Battery Features
- Industry leading Deep Cycle (Gel) Battery with a 12 Year Build Life
- Industry leading 5 Year Warranty, rated to cycle more than 1650 times
- Dimensions: 170 x 330 x 230H inc terminals
- 130AH Gel Cell Technology can safely be taken down to 10.8 volts – without causing damage to this robust battery - this gives you an extra 50% depth over standard AGM deep cycle batteries.
- This 130AH Gel Deep Cycle Battery is specifically designed for camping and utility caravanning use. It is a Deep Cycle Gel battery, and therefore is not ideal for Crank starting (jump starting) vehicles.
- Can I connect more than one together?
Yes, you can even connect two of these Deep Cycle Batteries together in parallel, to double the capacity running your appliances!
- We suggest adding a Battery Heat Shield for best results.
This 130AH 12V Gel Deep Cycle Battery is perfect for applications that require either frequent cycling or renewable power storage. Common uses include;
- Running appliances when camping away from power.
- Perfect for powering your 12V fridges, high powered inverters, lights or any other 12V appliances.
- Excellent for use with a solar panel for charging.
- Perfect for running in a dual battery system in a vehicle.
- Superb for use in 4x4 and Marine Conditions.
- Designed Service Life 12 years
- Ideal for frequent cyclic discharge
- Exceptional deep discharge recovery performance
- Low self-discharge characteristic
Why not add a high quality battery box that will last for decades without aging or deforming and will keep your battery looking and functioning like brand new.
VIP *** Gel Cell Batteries must be recharged correctly or the battery will suffer premature failure and you will void your warranty. The battery charger being used to recharge the battery(s) must be designed or adjustable for Gel Cell Batteries. If you are using an alternator to recharge a true Gel Cell a special regulator must be installed.
- Any standard 240v Deep Cycle battery charger can be used to charge a 130AH GEL Deep Cycle. It just needs to be set to Gel (most battery chargers have 3 settings, Gel / AGM / Flooded). Just ensure it is set to the right setting – to avoid damaging the battery.
- You can also charge whilst travelling, powered from your alternator, by connecting the battery up to your vehicle with a good quality DC/DC charger. We recommend Victron, Enerdrive or Intervolt chargers – as they all have Gel charging settings on their DC/DC chargers.
- It is not a cranking battery – so it does not replace your under the hood engine jump start battery.
If you are unsure which battery or charger is best for your application, please call or email our tech people for help making the correct selection.
130AH 12V GEL Deep Cycle Battery has a rating of 4.69/5 based on 26 reviews.
Just coming up on a year with the battery being stored under the tray out in the elements and the only issue is the sticker is pelling off. Absolute solid battery for a really good price. About to buy 2 more to link them togetherMatthew Almond on 22 May 2019
130 ah gel battery.
Have had batteries for a short time after previous ones failed! Will see how well they do down the track.Neil Sadler on 17 April 2019
Bought this battery to increase my off grid capabilities, with a combined 260AH battery capacity and 200W solar blanket I will be able to free camp more often and for longer stays. Very good price and prompt delivery.Michael M on 3 April 2019
Great battery, great price and great service. Will be back for more.Brian P on 21 March 2019
So far the battery has worked in with my system well. The real test will come from a 4 week road trip through central Aus in April.Mat J on 13 March 2019
Gread product great service great price quick deliveryNS H on 27 February 2019
happy with your batteryrobert w on 13 February 2019
Battery seems good. Relatively fast postage. There was a bit of damage on the plastic roof of the battery but the damage didn't seem to penetrate the battery which is working great. I believe it may have happened during transit. Overall good experience minus the damage to the battery roof containerDean B on 6 February 2019
|Giant Power 12V 130AH GEL Deep Cycle Battery|
|Nominal Capacity (20HR)||130.0 AH|
170x330 x 230H inc terminals
Length: 330 ±3mm Width: 170 ±2mm
|Approx Weight||Approx 31.2 Kg|
|Rated Capacity||130.0 AH/6.5A (20hr,1.80V/cell,25°C)|
|Max. Discharge Current||1200A (5s)|
|Internal Resistance||Approx 4.9mΩ|
|Operating Temp.Range||Discharge : -15 ~ 50oC (5 ~ 122oF)
Charge : 0 ~ 40oC (32 ~ 104oF )
Storage : -15 ~ 40oC (5 ~ 104oF)
|Nominal Operating Temp. Range||25 ± 3°C (77 ± 5°F )|
|Bulk Charge||Initial Charging Current less than 30A.
Voltage 14.5V @ 25oC
Temp. Coefficient -30mV/oC
|Float Charge||No limit on Initial Charging Current
Voltage 13.5V @ 25oC
Temp. Coefficient -20mV/oC
|Capacity affected by Temperature||40oC (104oF) 103%
25oC ( 77oF ) 100%
0oC ( 32oF ) 86%
|Self Discharge||Giant Power Deep Cycle GEL batteries may be stored for up to 6 months at 25oC(77oF) and then a freshening charge is required. For higher temperatures the time interval will be shorter.|
For more information, please read our full warranty policy